(This article was updated on July 19, 2018)
Note: This issue usually only affects MFT Server versions earlier than v10.2. In v10.2 and higher, the license can be easily installed via the Help menu of your web-based MFT Server Manger.
If after installing your server license, your License Type in Status > Server > License (or Help > About screen for older versions) in the JSCAPE MFT Server Manager still shows a Type field of "Starter", "Evaluation" or "Community" then please perform the following:
1. Shutdown JSCAPE MFT Server Manager.
2. Shutdown the administrative service for JSCAPE MFT Server. In Windows this is accomplished via JSCAPE MFT Server > Administrative Tools > Stop service. In Linux/Unix you may accomplish this by executing the stop_service.sh file from the JSCAPE MFT Server installation directory.
3. Replace the license.lic file in either of the following locations with the license file provided to you.
- in the MFT Server installation directory for pre-9.3 versions
- in the [mft server installation directory]/etc directory for versions 9.3 - 10.2
4. Restart administrative service and JSCAPE MFT Server.
If you continue to have trouble, it may be that the IP address the license is bound to is not found on the system you are installing JSCAPE MFT Server on. To see what IP addresses are on your server run the following command from your shell prompt:
This command will display a list of IP addresses on your local system. The IP address that your license is bound to must be one of these addresses. Please verify that the Host field in the License Type in Status > Server > License (or Help > About screen for older versions) lists one of these IP addresses.